Saturday, October 19, 2013

One of the four players dropped from the U17 team on the eve of the world cadet championship has tipped his colleagues to rule the world in UAE

Olumide Akofe has said that the Golden Eaglets will do well at the Fifa U-17 World Championship in the United Arab Emirates.
The defensive midfielder, who did not make the final cut after the Eaglets training tour in the United Arab Emirates, believes no team can stop the free-scoring Nigerians.
“I know my colleagues will beat Mexico silly and go ahead to win the title. The team is very strong and mentally fit for this challenge. I don’t see any country posing a threat to our ambition because after we failed to win the Africa Cadet championship, the coaches were not happy with us and I think this is a better platform for the Eaglets to show their class,” Akofe told Goal.
Commenting on his inability to make the coach Garba Manu’s final team, the Team 360 FC of Lagos prodigy confessed he has no ill-feelings because the country’s prestige was at stake. He also thanked the coaching crew for giving him a chance to show his abilities.
“I feel very happy being given the chance to prove my worth and I must confess it has been a great learning experience for me which will help me move on in my football career. I want to thank my coaches for allowing me to embark on the training tour and I can only wish them the best of luck,” concluded Akofe who plans on moving to Europe

No comments:

Post a Comment